Re:Season

Sustainable coooking made easy

ReSeason

Overview

Changing our eating habits is an effective way to combat climate change; hoever, many of us lack the resources to fit this into our hectic lives.
Re:Season aims to solve this problem.

Role

  • UI/UX Designer

Tools

  • Figma
  • ProCreate

Using a robust database and an Eco-Score system, Re:Season enables users to make carbon-conscious decisions while cooking their favorite meals.

Eco-SCore

By giving the user power to control where their emissions come from, we enable them to find a solution while keeping the soul of our beloved recipes in tact.

Break1

In order to bring that personal feeling in the app, I needed to learn what user's expect and value from other apps. Using competitive analysis I was able to create a user flow that would inform all aspects of the design to follow.

CompetitiveAnalysis

The result is a home screen that responds to your choices and changes based on your tastes. "Suggested for you" is the first thing you see, easing the daily stress of "What's for dinner?"

Home Screens Break2

Creating a robust array of filters and sorting options was one solution. Results of user surveys pointed to dietary and allergy restrictions being a must have feature.

Filters
Break3

Creating a recipe is a cornerstone of the app, and a great opportunity to show how different viewport sizes were taken into account. Re:Season changes to take advantage of the screen real estate available, whether it's a mobile touch screen or a desktop monitor.

Ingredients
Longscroll
Break4

Creating Personas based on rounds of interviews game me the data I needed. Keeping their pain points and needs in mind, I was able to create a recipe screen that was both extrememly function and aesthically pleasing.

Persona
Break5

Style Guide

Style Guide

Mockups



Home Screens

Homescreens

Search Screens

Search Screens

Recipe Screens

Recipe Screens

Create a Recipe Screens

Create a Recipe Screens

Challenges and lessons learned

I ran into a block with organizing my ideas. I solved it by going back to my wireframe stage and revising more. In the future I know that this step is crucial. More drafts at the beginning can save you headaches later on.

When usability testing shows a design element is not working, be willing to let it go. Ultimately the end result will be an overall better design.